Saturday, December 4, 2010

My boy

... makes me burst with pride daily, but some days - like today - wow, he blows me away.

I've been a little under the weather in the past few weeks, just a sore throat and cold. Yesterday T picked up my germs and woke from her nap with a raging 40-degree temperature.

She was up all night, and so was I, playing Panadol Nurse.

So today while T had a justifiably long nap I told E I was going to lay down a while. He said "OK Mum" and left me to do just that.

About 20 minutes later I hopped up, to be greeted by this sight:



A small boy carrying a tray with a plate of chopped up strawberries, a glass with a flower (dandelion!) in it and a card he'd made all by himself.





I adore the empathy and sensitivity of this child.

What a beautiful boy, what love.

4 comments:

Thrifted Treasure said...

Oh my God, that made me teary! My children are wonderful to me too when I'm ill, they climb on my head, throw balls at me, scream to be fed, I'm assuming they'll all be doctors/nurses some day ;-)

Melody said...

Awwww.....good that you've recorded this memory....

kurrabikid said...

Thrifted - don't worry, I've had plenty of that, too!...

Stomper Girl said...

Aw, I got a little choked up reading that. What a sweetie.