Monday, August 20, 2007

Toddlers and rainy days...

... really do not go hand in hand. I take my hat off to mums (and dads) who live in far wetter climes, such as Scotland (been there, done that - really glad I was childless during those looooong, dark winter days) or even somewhere like Iceland or Alaska. Do they have piles of stickers and crayons always on the ready? Do their children watch more television than Aussie kids? Are the Wiggles big over there? Probably.
I oughtn't complain - my folks live on a farm and they really need rain right now. I, however, need a little sun so I can begin to tackle the 17 loads of washing sitting in my laundry. Apologies - it really is far too mundane to be talking about washing in a blog.
So, yes, another rainy day and a computer at home that is only half working. My better half spent all weekend working on it. I think he grunted about four words at me all weekend, so engrossed was he in the task of extracting the 'stuck' files from the Linux thingy on our old computer and putting them onto the new computer. And in the process he's somehow lost Windows. Or something. I choose not to get into such things; it hurts my head.
The boy is having his nap and I have started working on finding people for this feature I am supposed to be writing. I need to track down people who are bucking the trend for having spare rooms in their home. People who choose to live in a smaller house so they don't have to move out to the 'burbs; people who are concerned about their environmental footprint to live in a smaller home; people who have demolished part of their home to have more garden space; empty nester etc...
I'm discovering it's not easy to find people for a 'bucking the trend' story as they are, well, not so numerous. Never mind, I will get there. In fact, I must go and make some calls now...

No comments: