Saturday, October 9, 2010

Burn To Memory



Before I returned to work last month our lovely family daycare lady she suggested she take T for 4 days one week, to help her settle. It was a good idea, not only for T but also for E and me. It allowed us two days to hang together without Little Madam about.

It's funny, until a year ago E had all the attention from us, but it does sometimes feel like he misses out now. I took those two days to try to rectify that. We went to the cafe for babycinos, we drew, we painted, we read in the sunshine. And we went to this cool bike park, that has traffic lights, speed humps etc. Every parent in Sydney's inner-west has probably been there at some point. Here, E had stopped to check out the ant-life at the edge of the track.

It was a beautiful morning and he raced about, doing 'laps' I had to time on my mobile phone. In between, I ducked in and out of the pages of the book I was reading (Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey - so excellent).

This is a moment I would like to burn to memory.

1 comment:

Stomper Girl said...

Good on you for writing it down. I absolutely love getting to spend one-on-one time with the kids, it is very special.