Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Snow

So we went to the snow for the weekend. It was Shaun's idea and he organised the whole thing, which was nice. We got to Mt Selwyn on the Sunday to find a nice amount of snow - but rain falling. Bummer. We paid out a small fortune to hire all the clothing and gear. We get E a snowsuit (which looks impossibly cute). He plays for 10 mins - with Shaun, not me - making snowballs and a snowman.
Then he howls.
Hysterically. Begging to go home, sobbing that he's cold.
So Mum and I take turns sitting in the cafeteria with him.
My total skiing time was probably under an hour - but that's OK because I was reminded just how bad I am at skiing and why last time I went I swore I'd never do it again.
Oh well.

1 comment:

M said...

Bummer about the rain. I'm heading off on a girls ski weekend tomorrow (thredbo) - I'm the opposite I'm afraid, a ski freak.