Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Blasts from the past




I'm feeling all sentimental. A lovely friend of mine (Jools - above) found some old photos from when we were about, ooh, 18 or so and put them on Facebook. It was a fantastic surprise - and very thoughtful of her to do so. There I was at work today, staring at images of me from, um, quite some time ago. OK, OK, it's been 16 years since I was 18 ... yikes, that's me nearly twice as old.
Here are the pictures:










So I'm looking at these thinking how youth is wasted on the young; how I don't look all that different now to the wayI did then (give or take a few dark circles under the eyes and the odd grey hair); how, oh my God, I do look so much older now!
Bit of an exercise in self scrutiny.

There are so few photos of me in existance these days (MILLIONS of E though), as I discovered recently when one of the magazines I do work for asked me to be on their contributors page. Pulling up a shot of myself proved exceedingly difficult. So one morning before work I got Shaun to snap off about five pics before we did the daycare/train dash. Needless to say, they weren't great but that was all I had to send in to the mag and which they duly published. Ah well, never mind...







No comments: