Tuesday, April 2, 2013

At home

We spent this Easter at home. It was the first time in YEARS that we've done so. Usually we're off visiting farflung family or escaping the city.

It would have been lovely to head west, but we're doing that in a few weeks' time anyway. So we spent the four days just relaxing at home.

And it was amazing. Great to just reboot sometimes, isn't it?

We:

* rediscovered bike riding and had lots of rides around the river in the dappled sunshine

* made bunny masks for the littlest.



* visited the beach, just for the heck of it. No swimming required.




* baked hot cross buns - not perfect, but wow!...

* had an Easter egg treasure hunt in the backyard among the leaves of the massive pumpkin plant.

* picked five more pumpkins. Groan. I can only bear it in cake or curry form - so long as I can't taste its horrible flavour I'm good...



* and of course there was CHOCOLATE!



Good days indeed!

3 comments:

M said...

I'm a big fan of Easter at home. Looks like a lovely weekend.

Thrifted Treasure said...

I lover hanging out at Easter too, no rush to go off anywhere :-) Lovely photos, your little girl is getting so big!

Melody said...

I'm a big fan of staying at home at Easter AND at Christmas. lol

I remember when growing up my mum growing (what seemed like) hundreds of pumpkins - and not tasty ones either ; I think they were those blue grey ones. Yuck. We would have pumpkin with everything - including pumpkin chips. I think this is why I will only buy butternut, kent or jap pumpkins - I stay clear of blue grey..